For some people, a good night’s sleep is something precious and special. Why is that? This is because there are many people who have Insomia. Not infrequently some of them have tried various methods to overcome sleeplessness, but to no avail.
What Are the Indications of Insomnia?
It could be that right now you are confused, am I really facing being unable to sleep? To respond to this problem, we must know the indications or identity of not being able to sleep. The following are indications of not being able to sleep that you need to pay attention to:
- Difficulty getting to sleep, even though the body feels tired.
- Often wakes up from sleep.
- After waking up, it’s hard to go back to sleep.
- Always take sleeping pills to get a good night’s sleep.
- Feeling tired and sleepy during the day.
- Difficulty concentrating at work.
After understanding the causes and symptoms of not being able to sleep, now we look at ways to overcome sleeplessness that are easy and comfortable. There are many methods that Ana can live to overcome unable to sleep. Here we explain the trick so you can quickly enjoy a good night’s sleep. The trick is:
1. Make Yourself Comfortable
Keeping yourself safe is one way of coping with insomnia. Make sure you feel safe when you go to sleep. That way, you will fall asleep faster and be free from not being able to sleep. There are several ways to make yourself safe, namely:
- Sleep in a quiet area or room condition (not noisy).
- Rest in a clean and safe bed.
2. Arrange Your Bed
Sleeping on a hard mattress usually makes it difficult for you to sleep. Likewise, with a very small pillow size, it makes your neck and head uncomfortable and difficult to sleep. So, set the quality of your bed to cope with sleeplessness, as below:
- Make sure the mattress or bed that you use is soft and gentle.
- The sleeping pillow should also be large enough to safely support the head and neck.
- Besides that, choose a healthy sleeping position so that you are fresh the next day.
For some people, sleeping in black will make them sleep more quickly and soundly. This can also be used as a solution for those of you who suffer from insomnia, the trick is as follows:
- Turn off all the lights in your room, so that it allows your eyes to sleep more quickly.
- Turning off the lights also helps the mind to be less alert and induce sleep more quickly.
- For those of you who are worried about black, you can simply make the room dimmer by turning on a small lamp.
4. Reducing Caffeine Consumption
If you suffer from insomnia, then the best way is to reduce caffeine consumption at night. Methods of controlling consumption caffeine at night, namely:
- Consume caffeine at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- Caffeine can cause anxiety and reduce the quality of your sleep.
- Optimal consumption of caffeine as much as 2 cups per day.
5. Stay away from consuming alcohol
For those of you with sleep problems, such as not being able to sleep. One way to overcome sleeplessness is to avoid consuming alcohol, especially at night. There are several reasons why alcohol makes it difficult for you to sleep, namely:
- Alcohol can disrupt your sleep pattern.
- Although alcohol is known to have a sedative effect, its effects can make it hard for you to sleep.
6. Protects Sleep Patterns
It is important to maintain daily sleep patterns, especially if a person is more prone to sleeplessness. Someone who sleeps early, so will have a good sleep pattern every day. In contrast, people who often sleep late at night will have poor sleep patterns and are prone to sleeplessness. Ways to protect your sleep pattern, namely:
- It is important to set and maintain an effective sleep time for you.
- Try to wake up at the same time every day, so that your daily routine will always be maintained.
7. Consuming Chocolate Cake
For people who can’t sleep, you can consume sweet treats, such as chocolate cake or a piece of toast before going to bed. This is still a polemic for some people, because it can cause obesity. But there are several reasons why eating chocolate cake can make you sleep faster, namely:
- Chocolate cake can act as a sedative
- Cake and milk is the right mixture to make someone fall asleep easily.
8. Warm Milk Before Bed
Drinking warm milk before going to bed is an old way to overcome sleeplessness. Milk mixed with honey or nuts can help cure people who cannot sleep. Why is that? the reason is:
- Honey is known to have the same sedative effect as sugar, but it is not dangerous for people with diabetes.
- Jam added to warm milk will help a person to sleep well and avoid using sleeping pills or other chemical drugs.
Lots of people face a lot of pressure in their life. This can create stress and make it difficult to sleep. Try to adjust to exercise. Not only is it healthy for the body, exercise can also drive away stress and fatigue that often causes sleeplessness.
10. Chamomile Tea
Consumption of chamomile tea has long been used as a method or method of dealing with insomnia. Like magnesium, this tea also effectively calms the body and also improves mood. Both are important to help you get rest and prepare for sleep.
By recognizing the method of overcoming sleeplessness, You don’t need to be afraid anymore that your activities will be hampered because of drowsiness and fatigue. For optimal results, also consult a doctor regarding the procedures and natural remedies that you will use to treat sleeplessness.